Do you have a healthcare provider at your facility who is interested in loan repayment, or would you like to recruit a provider through loan repayment incentives? The Colorado Rural Outreach Program (CROP) Loan Repayment Program fall 2011 application cycle will be closing on October 31, 2011. Spring applicants who were not awarded are invited to reapply. CROP is a CRHC grant program for healthcare facilities to apply for on behalf of a healthcare clinician. Funding for the fall cycle is generously supported by Caring for Colorado and the El Pomar Foundation.
Eligibility requirements for facilities:
- Public, non-profit or private healthcare facility.
- Located in a designated rural county.
- Ability to contribute a monetary award: Colorado Rural Health Center (CRHC) will “match” this award amount up to $10,000, making the total amount awarded to the clinician $20,000. Award may be funded through other avenues in the community, e.g., a local business, community college, fundraiser, etc.
- Retention grant – facility may apply for CROP on behalf of a clinician already employed.
- Recruitment grant – facility may apply for CROP to assist in recruitment by guaranteeing loan repayment.
- Award may be used for a different financial incentive to a clinician if they do not have loan debt, e.g., a bonus or other community request.
Eligibility requirements for healthcare providers:
- Any clinician providing medical, dental or mental healthcare. Must be providing direct patient care.
- Clinician may be employed at facility or be in the process of being hired
Facility may re-apply for same clinician for up to three years. Facility may apply for more than one clinician, but preference will be given to only one applicant. Awardees will be notified four weeks after application cycle closes.
Please download the application packet and coversheet for more information. Please complete and save the coversheet in Microsoft Word. You may submit your application via e-mail or postal mail. If submitting via e-mail, please make the narrative and all attachments ONE inclusive document. The coversheet may be separate. To resubmit your application please send an email along with healthcare professionals’ updated loan repayment documents to email@example.com.
Please send your CROP application to:
Attn: Grants Manager
Colorado Rural Health Center
3033 S. Parker Rd., Suite 606
Aurora, CO 80014