Welcome to Colorado Provider Recruitment (CPR)
We are committed to connecting you with a community whose unique character best suits your personal and professional needs.
Rural Pic of the Month
CPR For Providers
As Colorado’s leading non-profit recruitment service for rural and urban underserved, Colorado Provider Recruitment (CPR) is locally based and has long-standing relationships with hospitals and clinics throughout the state. CPR is a service of the Colorado Rural Health Center, dedicated to helping you find a job and community that is a good match for your personal and professional interests.
Colorado is excited to offer four loan repayment programs for eligible healthcare providers! If you are working in Colorado at an eligible employer and meet the program requirements, you are welcome to apply.
For a complete list of loan repayment options, download the following guide:
The Rural Colorado Primary Care Leaders Program Scholarship is designed for a limited number of primary care medical and dental providers currently practicing in rural areas of Colorado to learn how to be better leaders for themselves, their practice, and their community! Click here to learn more.
Colorado is excited to offer several scholarship programs for eligible students training for the medical field including medical students, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses! Click here for information on opportunities for you.
Colorado has job opportunities in rural and/or urban underserved communities supportive of a J-1 Visa waiver. By visiting our job board, you will find what current openings are available to J-1 Visa physicians. To find out more general information about the J-1 Visa waiver program in Colorado, click here.
Life and Practice in Rural Colorado
Rural Colorado offers a diverse landscape and appealing practice opportunities for health care providers and professionals excited to live outside the hustle and bustle of the big city. A career in rural health is very rewarding; rural medicine presents a wide scope of practice, is exciting and allows providers to play a pivotal role in the well-being of the whole community. Each community has its own unique personality and culture. Wherever you choose to practice, you will see the professional impact you make every day! Benefits you may find practicing in a rural community are:
• Full scope of practice
• More professional responsibility in the community beyond your clinical practice
• Coworkers are like a second family
• Loan repayment opportunities
• Team-based care is inherent to rural practice
• Opportunity for leadership role within your practice
• Elevated status in the community
• Opportunity to expand your clinical expertise
• Access to community health partners
• Lasting and meaningful career within the community
Click here to view the 2018 Snapshot of Rural Health in Colorado
Resources for Students & Residents
- In need of a preceptor, housing during a rotation, or other resources? Visit the Area Health Education Center’s (AHEC) website for a listing of Colorado’s six regional AHEC offices which can be of assistance.
- Are you a health professional student that has been precepted in a rural area in Colorado? Make sure your preceptor knows about the Rural Preceptor tax credit program! Click here for more information.
News and Events:
2019 CHSC Loan Repayment Program is accepting applications September 1-30, 2019.
You may be eligible to receive repayment of qualified student loans if you practice in a Health Professional Shortage Area, delivering health care service to patients who are under served. The practice must generally accept public insurance and offer discounted services to low-income, uninsured patients on a sliding fee scale.