ICD-10 Helpful Resources:
Road to 10 Program
Collaborating with physicians, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has created the Road to 10 Program offering free and actionable tools, information, and training specifically designed to help small physician practices navigate the ICD-10 transition. Visit www.roadto10.org today to get started or check out the resources below.
• 2a_Road to 10 Clinical Scenario Samples_June 2014
• 2b_Road to 10 Common Code Samples_June 2014
• 2c_Road to 10 Primer Samples_June 2014
ICD-10 Code Translator
The ICD-10 code online translator tool allows you to compare ICD-9 to ICD-10 codes. ICD-9 is being expanded from 17,000 to approximately 141,000 ICD-10 codes, and this online tool can help you map that expansion. (Note: this tool only converts ICD-10-CM codes, not ICD-10-PCS.)
Physician Practice ICD-10 Models Matrix
Instead of organizing the physician practice ICD-10 models by roles as in the other models offered by AHIMA, the ICD-10 models developed for physician practices are based on processes performed in the physician practice. This matrix contains rows for each process identified as impacted by ICD-10-CM implementation. Identify the row that best describes the processes that you are responsible for, and click on the model identified in that row.
• AHIMA/AMA Physician Office Model for Implementing ICD-10
ICD-10 Delay Updates
This spring, the news that ICD-10 would be delayed sent shock waves through our industry. HIM professionals and other stakeholders across the country have been adjusting to the news that the expected compliance date is October 1, 2015, and making plans accordingly. Read more
ICD-10-CM/PCS Implementation Toolkit
The scope and complexity of the transition to ICD-10-CM/PCS (ICD-10) by healthcare providers in the United States are significant. The conversion to a modified version of the classification system already in use by the rest of the world will be a transformational effort in the U.S. affecting many systems, processes, and people. It will have a tremendous and widespread impact on every operational process across healthcare. Ready access to pertinent information about ICD-10-CM/PCS is an important aspect of effective and efficient transition preparation.
• AHIMA ICD-10 Implementation Tool Kit
CMS ICD-10 Latest News
• Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services – ICD-10 Latest News• Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services – ICD-10 Overview
Other Great Resources
• CHIA ICD-10-Coding Tip of the Month
• Colorado ICD-10 Task Force (Facebook Page)
• ICD-10 For Safety Net Providers
• ICD-10 Final Rule
• ICD-10 Monitor’s Talk Ten Tuesday podcasts
• Take the Fear Out of Switching to ICD-10-CM
• Why a delay in the ICD-10 implementation timeline is a “Gift of Time”
Login to your account to access member only resources and information. Don’t know your facility’s login? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303.832.7493. Once your membership status is confirmed, you will be granted access and sent login credentials.
Not sure if your facility is a current CRHC member? Review the membership list.