1. The Federal Office of Rural Health Policy is pleased to announce the release of the fiscal year 2014 Rural Health Network Development Planning Grant Program. The purpose of this program is to assist in the development of an integrated healthcare network. A technical assistance call will be held on Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 1:00pm EST. Applications must be submitted into grants.gov by January 16, 2014.
To access the application visit: http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/search-grants.html and type in HRSA-14-043 in the funding opportunity box.
Adobe Connect and webinar information for December 3rd:
- To join the meeting as a guest: https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/netplantechast/
- Toll-free call in number: 800-475-0512
- Participant Passcode for call in number: 5732913
2. Due to the government shutdown, the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy has made changes to the Rural Health Network Development funding opportunity, pushing back the due date for all applications to December 6, 2013. For more information on this funding announcement please visit http://www.grants.gov/view-opportunity.html?oppId=243713
Other Useful Information and Resources
1. CMS is requesting nominations for positions on the Advisory Panel on Hospital Outpatient Payment. Nominations are open until December 31st for the five positions. This panel advises CMS on payment changes for the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS). It also recommends levels of supervision for various outpatient therapeutic services. Panel members must have at least 5 years of relevant experience and be employed full time by an organization paid under OPPS. This is an opportunity for rural stakeholders to nominate qualified applicants with expertise on payment issues. Additional information about the panel and instructions for submitting nominations are available at: http://federalregister.gov/a/2013-26258