National Rural Health Day events are being planned nationwide by SORHs and others on November 21. As in year’s past, NOSORH will host a series of free webinars on National Rural Health Day. Scheduled topics, times, and speakers include:
- AgriSafe: Protecting the People Who Feed America (Noon EST) – Natalie Roy, Executive Director and Carolyn Sheridan, Clinical Director, AgriSafe Network (Registration: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/491563334)
- Rural 101: The Basics of Rural Health (1:00 EST) – Kristine Sande, Program Director, Rural Assistance Center (Registration: https://nosorh.webex.com/nosorh/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=660990830)
- Population Based Health and Health Promotion in Rural (2:00 p.m. EST) – Lynda Bergsma, Program Director, Arizona Center of Rural Health; Caroline Ford, Former Director, Nevada State Office of Rural Health (Registration: https://nosorh.webex.com/nosorh/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=666479151)
- The Affordable Care Act in Rural America (3:00 p.m. EST) – Tom Morris, Associate Administrator, Deepti Loharikar, Public Health Analyst, and Aaron Fischbach, Public Health Analyst, Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (Registration: https://nosorh.webex.com/nosorh/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=666426441)
- Resources for Recruitment, Networking, and Telehealth (4:00 p.m. EST) – Mike Shimmens, Executive Director, National Rural Recruitment and Retention Network; Rebecca Davis, Executive Director, National Cooperative of Health Networks Association; Kathy Hsu Wibberly, Director, Mid-Atlantic Telehealth Resource Center (Registration: https://nosorh.webex.com/nosorh/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=664434416)
NOSORH is also planning to host a National Rural Health Day Press Conference/Celebration at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. at 10:00 a.m. EST on November 21; details will be forthcoming. To learn more about National Rural Health Day, visit http://celebratepowerofrural.org; to learn more about NOSORH, visit www.nosorh.org.