Innovate! Collaborate! Motivate!
Building Transformation from the Inside Out
June 26, 2015 8am–3:30pm
Denver Police Protection Association Event Center
2105 Decatur Street
Denver, CO 80211
Effective care transitions are a vital part of health care transformation. Learn to streamline internal processes such as Teachback, Discharge Planning, Medication Reconciliation and Utilizing Post-Acute Services.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE 6.19.15!
What comes next in Care Transitions and the ACA?
• Dr. Jay Want, CMO, Center for Improving Value in Health Care
Improving Medication Reconciliation for Transitions
• Kate Perica, University of Colorado Hospital
Teachback Fundamentals for Everyone
• Kat Bottinelli, RN, BSN, CTI Care Transitions Coach, St. Anthony Hospital
Lunch: Success Story & Poster Session
• Jodi Smith, MSN, CCMC, ANP-BC, ND Director of Hospital Operations, Specialty Services and Care Coordination Kaiser Permanente, Colorado
Discharge Planning Done Right (Panel)
• Maria Orren, Team Select Home Health
• Dr. Adolphe Edward, CEO, Kindred Hospital ,Denver
• Sarah Sunleaf, Clinical Transitions Case Manager for Vivage
• Lisa Clark, RN BSN, Longmont United Hospital
Organizing Post-Acute Services (Panel)
• Don Backstrom, Senior Director of Geriatrics at Kaiser Permanente
• Optio Health Services
For more information, agendas and registration, visit
Or download a copy of the event flyer: Building Transformation from the Inside Out