CMS Extends the Attestation Deadline for the EHR Incentive Programs to March 11, 2016
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) extended the attestation deadline for the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs to Friday, March 11, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET, from the original deadline of Monday, February 29.
Eligible professionals, eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals (CAHs) participating in the Medicare EHR Incentive Program can attest through the CMS Registration and Attestation System. Providers participating in the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program should refer to their respective states for attestation information and deadlines. Certain Medicaid eligible professionals may use the Registration and Attestation System as an alternate attestation method to avoid the Medicare payment adjustment (80 FR 62900 through 62901).
To attest to the EHR Incentive Programs in 2015:
Eligible Professionals may select an EHR reporting period of any continuous 90 days from January 1, 2015 (the start of the 2015 calendar year) through December 31, 2015.
Eligible Hospitals/CAHs may select an EHR reporting period of any continuous 90 days from October 1, 2014 (the start of the federal fiscal year) through December 31, 2015.
For assistance with attestation, please review the following CMS resources:
- Preparing to Participate in the EHR Incentive Programs Fact Sheet
- Attestation Worksheet and User Guidefor Eligible Professionals
- Attestation Worksheet and User Guide for Eligible Hospitals and CAHs
- Broadband Access Exclusions Tip Sheet
- Health Information Exchange Fact Sheet
- Public Health Reporting in 2015 for Eligible Professionals
- Public Health Reporting in 2015 for Eligible Hospitals/CAHs
For More Information
For attestation questions, please contact the EHR Information Center Help Desk at (888) 734-6433/ TTY: (888) 734-6563. The hours of operation are Monday to Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. EST.