Welcome to Colorado Provider Recruitment
We are committed to connecting you with a community whose unique character best suits your personal and professional needs.
Rural Pic of the Month
CPR For Providers
As Colorado’s leading non-profit recruitment service for rural and urban underserved, Colorado Provider Recruitment (CPR) is locally based and has long-standing relationships with hospitals and clinics throughout the state. CPR is a service of the Colorado Rural Health Center.
Colorado Loan Repayment Programs
Colorado is excited to offer four loan repayment programs for eligible healthcare providers! If you are working in Colorado at an eligible employer and meet the program requirements, you are welcome to apply. Colorado provides the following loan repayment options:
Federal loan repayment program, administered by Health Resources and Services Administration through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, offering up to $50,000 for a full time, two-year service commitment. To learn more or apply, please visit http://nhsc.hrsa.gov.
Federal loan repayment program, administered by Health Resources and Services Administration through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, offering up to %60 percent of the total unpaid loan amount for a full time, two-year service commitment. To learn more or apply, click here.
State loan repayment program, administered by Colorado’s Primary Care Office, offering up to $90,000 for a full-time, three-year service commitment. To learn more or apply, please visit www.coloradohealthservicecorps.org.
Colorado Scholarship Programs
Colorado is excited to offer several scholarship programs for eligible students training for the medical field, HIT, and health professionals!
Click here for information on opportunities for you.
Life and Practice in Rural Colorado
Rural Colorado offers a diverse landscape and appealing practice opportunities for primary care providers excited to live outside the hustle and bustle of the big city. A career in rural health is very rewarding; rural practice presents plenty of variety, is exciting and allows providers to play a pivotal role in the well-being of the whole community. Each community has its own unique personality and culture. Wherever you choose to practice, you will see the professional impact you make every day!
• Full scope of practice
• More professional responsibility in the community beyond your clinical practice
• A second family at the office
• Longer appointment times
• Loan repayment opportunities
• Greater autonomy
• Opportunity for advancement
• Elevated status in the community
• At the forefront of healthcare reform
• Lasting and meaningful career within the community
• 10% of the state’s population
• 13% of rural Coloradans are 65+; 9% of urban
• (15% vs. 12% nationally)
• 1 in 6 rural residents live below the Federal Poverty Line (FPL)
• 21-23% of rural residents are uninsured
• (5% higher than urban)
• Less employer based-insurance offered
• Small businesses
• Growth is in the service sector “The demographics of rural America have a direct impact on many factors of health care delivery and outcomes, including rural residents’ health status, health insurance status, access to health care providers, and their communities’ economic viability.”
• There are just under 14,000 physicians in Colorado – 16 counties – all rural – have 3 or fewer practicing physicians – 2 counties have no practicing physician
• 14 rural counties in Colorado have no hospital or ER
• Colorado has an aging physician workforce
• About 2,000 practicing physicians are over the age of 60 “Access to primary health services is among the core determinants of health status.”
Providers We Work With
Interested in rural and/or underserved job opportunities in Colorado? Colorado Provider Recruitment works with the following healthcare providers:
- Allied Health Professionals
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Dental Hygienists
- Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Family Physicians
- General Surgeons
- Internal Medicine Physicians
- Medical Directors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Registered Nurses
J-1 Visa Waiver Program
Colorado has job opportunities in rural and/or urban underserved communities supportive of a J-1 Visa waiver. By visiting our job board, you will find what current openings are available to J-1 Visa physicians. To find out more general information about the J-1 Visa waiver program in Colorado, click here.
News and Events:
Looking for a way to pay off your educational loan debt? The next Colorado Health Service Corps loan repayment application cycle is will open in March 1st, and can award up to $90,000 toward loan debt for qualifying primary care providers. Click here for more details.
The Rural Essential Access Provider (REAP) Program is a new Loan Repayment program exclusively for rural private practice safety-net clinics. Providers can receive up to $30,000 for a two-year commitment at their clinic. Contact Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org/ 303-407-2031 to learn about the details!